Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have had my hands full

It seems as if lately I have abandoned my blog. I have had my hands full the last few weeks. I haven't had the ambitions to post. I haven't been in the bests of moods. The words just weren't there to put down on paper. I still haven't pulled my self fully out of the slump. I think I have the winter blues. My two older daughters have had anything from colds to strep to viral infections. They pick up such wonderful germs at school. Gabby hasn't seemed to pick up any of their illnesses but she did run out of a few supplements that I didn't have the funds to restock right away. It has been a roller coaster of emotions here. I knew the supplements helped her, heck I ramble on about them blog after blog, but when she doesn't have them..... well, it's not a pretty sight.  I find she cries and cries, she has very little coping skills, her speech isn't as clear and her sleeping patterns go from not good to non existent. Honestly it scares the hell out of me to think how much she needs them. We have felt the burden of the economy like most. Being a one income family, that provides for 5 children, we have really felt the struggle. The government likes to refer to us a middle class, but we struggle, maybe some weeks struggle is an under statement. The holistic doctor and his supplements add up! The diet change has made the grocery bill almost double..... But, where would we be without them?


Over the last few weeks we have been potty training Gabby. It's crazy but within 2 days she decided she was potty trained during the day. I was amazed how she was the easiest one to train, but the other day she decided she was done. When I say done, she was done using the potty. The last few days she has accidents after accidents. It's like starting all over :(     I wish I had answers to why, but I can't come up with one logical answer.


I am tired, emotional, and struggling to keep the optimistic view. Some times as a parent we feel the weight of the world, but I still couldn't think of anything greater in this world then being a MOM! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment