Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kicking Autism's ASS!

Remember me? I am BACK! :)

Here is a quick recap.... Last time I posted my older two had been sick, shortly after Gabby got sick. Strep, colds, whining, crying and one very overwhelmed mommy lurked around the corner.  Gabby woke up one afternoon from a nap and had a really high fever, This was the first time I ever saw a child hallucinate. I rushed her to the E.R to only sit there for 8 hours.  Once I was able to be seen they were concerned about the rapidly rising fever and wanted to give her Motrin... the problem with this is one of the main ingredients is high fructose sugar. I knew the fever was a much bigger concern then her strict diet. The ONLY Motrin they had in the hospital had food dyes. Even after they expressed how many children have had problems with the dyes they did not carry a dye free pain reliever... (REALLY)! So against my better judgement I allowed them to give her the HIGH FRUCTOSE MOTRIN  WITH THOSE EVIL LITTLE DYES! Boy was it a bad choice. I have no idea why Gabby reacts so negatively to the dyes, but she acts like Linda Blair from the Exorcist , the crazy thing is... I am not joking, I was left with a very violent child. I will NEVER EVER EVER give her another food dye as long as I live! Right before Gabby got sick she was almost fully potty trained during the day. Between being sick and the regression from the dyes, we went back into pull ups. Now a few months later we are again almost fully potty trained during the day again.. keep your fingers crossed.


After a very long winter I chose to cut back our early intervention services, I also haveslowly tried given Gabby back casein products, she has done amazingly well with both. I have also given her a few gluten items, and the only negative reactions she has is the yeast grows rapid in her body and she complains of joint pain. I guess we have just about healed the gut! I still limit those products, but it is a positive step forward :)


Verbal skill are amazing, I could easily say she has a 150 words or more, not bad for a child that was so verbally delayed! Eye contact, great!, Social skill, great! Pretend skills great! Cognitively, she is unstoppable.... just try to stump her! This kid has kicked autism's ass! :) I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I believe we can defeat this diagnosis, we still have a little ways to go, but I have learned that with Gabby NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Keep your eyes open because I told you almost a year ago if autism can be beat we were going to do it... The time is right around the corner and I am giving you a front row seat!





No comments:

Post a Comment